Scientific Services for Industry
Our services can vary in detail and range from simple standard regulatory testing and materials characterization, to process optimization, to the development of waste minimisation protocols and water treatment process improvements.
Examples of some of our previous consulting projects are detailed below.
Our expertise includes:
- Yield stress determination of concentrated particulate systems
- Processing of mineral suspensions
- Zeta potential analysis including high volume fraction electrokinetics of slurries and streaming potential of planar surfaces.
- Dewatering characterisation including compressibility and permeability analysis and analysis of flocculant performance.
- Surface area measurement using a Micromeritics ASAP 2000 instrument.
- Rheological characterisation of fluids from -20 to 400°C
- Elongation properties of low viscosity (0.001 to 1 pa.s) fluids
- High shear viscosities of solutions, suspensions and emulsions
- Measurement of degradation of fluids at high temperatures
- Determination of gel times for complex, time and temperature dependent materials
- Simulation of fluid flow using molecular dynamics and stochastic modeling
- Interfacial tension for gas-liquid and liquid-liquid systems, including dynamic interfacial tension measurements
- Measurement of the kinetics of interfacial reactions in liquid-liquid systems
- Measurement of thin film thickness